Sunday, January 15, 2012

Public Service Announcement

I feel it necessary to write this post for a few reasons. But mainly because I think people should understand the amount of financial, emotional and mental commitment necessary to deal with a project of this scale.

I'm not rich, this project will consume all of my cash reserves and I will still have a higher mortgage payment. There is a reason I'm doing as much of the work as I can.

Which brings me to the best description of the stress; I've heard *many* anecdotes about couples who've done this and it almost drove them to divorce, or it did drive them to divorce.

And so I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. I'm not doing this as a cheap way to get a new home, I'm doing it as a challenge to myself.

Sometimes in the thick of it all, with the stress and uncertainty, I need to remind myself that this is a challenge, and fuck all. I am not going to lose.

Sounds like I am trying to motivate myself. I am. I write this on a snowy day, when I can't even drive the truck down my local side streets. So nothing happened on the house today. :(

No comments: