So, I have to deal with liquefaction prone soil (due to the fill) and the potential peat bog underneath. In fact, these soil conditions are a part of the reason the house has settled so much (8" of settling over the 50' or so is quite a lot).
What's a boy to do? Hire a geo-tech of course!
The geo-tech came out and bored two test holes and then wrote up a report detailing the soils encountered, blow counts at the various depths and whether the site is suitable for development.
Lucky for me, the property was suitable for development, either with a slab foundation or pin piles.
Also, I now have a fancy report detailing the soil conditions of my home. I bet you don't have that....
![]() |
| Here you can see the boring machine drilling down into the soil. |
![]() |
| Here you can see the probe after it's penetrated between two geologically distinct layers. |


No comments:
Post a Comment